Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Dating advice for a 30-something guy who's lost?

O.K., I hate throwing my personal problems on the web, but I figured I'd give it a shot. I'm a very young looking guy in his late 30's who is divorced once already, and ended a second year and a half relationship several months ago. Unfortunately, I am finding that any local bar I go to is filled with youngsters that make me feel old. I get plenty of phone numbers (that I don't ask for) but I'm not looking for a mindless fling with some girl that I really have nothing to talk about with. I just moved to a new state, have a good job, but work about 60 hours a week and don't have much time to do the whole mix-and-mingle routine. The whole internet dating thing scares me, because it's way to easy for someone to be a fake online. Ideas? I'm running out of ideas on my own and am tired of eating and sleeping alone.Dating advice for a 30-something guy who's lost?
Hiya! Don't despair -- the best is yet to come. I found myself a 29-year-old divorced lawyer working crazy hours and almost turning into a cat lady. The bar scene didn't work for me either, and dating co-workers was out. So I took a leap of faith and tried match dot com. Here's the key: if you approach internet dating as a fascinating sociological journey (rather than a quest for true love), it can be truly rewarding. Every person you meet is a good story, whether the date is great or terrible, whether there is attraction or not. And you're only partly right about online fakers -- the amazing flip side to the coin is that people will reveal truths to a stranger in an email that it would take years to get them to confess to your face. For example: one of my casual conversation email questions would be, ';who do you miss right now?'; Most people would say, my grandpa, my brother, my best friend in Iraq. Believe it or not, I had more than one answer ';my ex-wife.'; (Yeesh!) Inexplicable candor is a powerful faker weedpit tool! Anyhow, after 3 years of fascinating conversations with dudes from all walks of life -- some attractive, some not, but all quality guys with good souls and sarcastic wit who I would never have met otherwise -- I met my husband (now married 3 years). And the rest is history. Hang in there and don't be scared. Trust me when I say there are smart, interesting 30-something chicks out there who will want to meet you.Dating advice for a 30-something guy who's lost?
Do you have any friends who know someones who knows someone kind of thing?





Or since you just moved, at your new job make friends with people there and maybe they have friends or people to hook you up with?
Take a look at Russia. I'm dead serious, you fit the profile of guys that have success going that route.
groups like facebook... etc, real good way to meet like minded people, and start a coversation
Don't be afraid of internet dating. I've tried it, and although I have not found my soul mate, most people are who they say they are (only then men seem to be 1 inch shorter than they report, ha).
Got to put yourself out there. Whether it is calling up one of those numbers or giving the internet a shot. If you don't try something then where will you end up?





Why not try both? Either way you can be yourself and you don't have to settle for anything you know won't work out.





Good luck.
Maybe there are some groups our something that you can join in your area which interest you, for example there might be a book club or sports activities, they're always quite good places to meet new people. Also, maybe try going to some different bars, maybe try going to more quiet bars or even to cafes. I'm sure you will meet someone before long, and until then just try to enjoy being single.
What is it with you men? I'm a single mum in my mid 30s, I absolutely LOVE eating and sleeping alone. I LOVE my freedom and I cherish my freedom and defend it like a lioness to her cubs. Most of my single friends (who have been in a long term relationship) agree, but the men... Men wallow too much (don't want to grow old alone, tired of sleeping alone etc...). Try this: Enjoy your space. You'll like it too much you'll get very selfish. Don't try too hard. I'm on the verge of breaking up with my bf because I like my freedom too much. When I say freedom, it doesn't necessarily freedom to sleep with anyoen I fancy, it's mainly freedom to be alone. Freedom to fart whenever I please heheh.


By the way, kindergarten/daycare is always a good place for single dads to meet single mums... err.. you';re not a dad, are you? Sorry... If you have a dog, obidience class is always a safe, friendly place to meet single female dog owners. Public library, cafe during your lunch break, gym, aerobic classes, supermarket...


In the mean time, just enjoy your alone-ness. At least when you fart nobody minds...
If you work 60 hours a week, what do you do in your spare time? Do you go to church? Do you go to the library? Do you go to bookstores? Do you go to the grocery store? All of those are places you can go and meet people.
try goin to a gym and see if you can pick up any girls here.
phone chat

No comments:

Post a Comment