Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Went on one date with a woman, now she's coming off super strong. Advice?

I'm 28, and I was introduced to a 25-year-old woman via text last Wednesday (through a new friend). In the days following, we texted back and forth and decided to meet up on Saturday for dinner/drinks. We could get to know each other and all that ... fun! Turns out my brother and sister and their dates were at the bar on a double-date, so we all hung out. My date and I hit it off, and we wound up kissing before the date was over. Cool, right?





Okay, the morning after the date she sends me a photo of the breakfast she made (she likes to cook), and texts, ';Wish you were here.'; Later in the day, she texts ';Had a great time! Can't wait to meet the rest of your family!'; I thought: Kind of soon after one date, meeting the folks and all, but whatever. The next few days, she texts me every time she wakes up, asks if I'm going to call her (';I get off work at 1 p.m., will you call me?';), etc. And I'm thinking ... I like you, and I can tell you really like me, but I don't want to feel like I HAVE to call you; like it's a task. Kinda heavy. Again, I keep it to myself.





The other night we're chatting and finally I tell her I don't want to rush into things. I just want to get to know her, relax, no pressure. I'm not dating anyone else, just saying I want to go slow. She said there is some pressure because ';we're not really dating anymore.'; She followed that up by saying she knows what she wants in life, she doesn't want to just date anymore and she wants four kids (not saying with me, but stating). Wow, that scared me. It's been ONE date!





So we're meeting up this weekend because I promised her early in the week I would (and I don't want to be a jerk and not go). Her friends and their dates will be there....drinks at her place, then a movie. She told me the other day (didn't ask me) that I was going to spend the night and then drive home after, because she lives 30 minutes away from me. And I was like, um, no ... I have plans on Sunday (and don't you remember my ';take it slow'; comment 10 minutes ago?). So, well, now I'm not too excited about Saturday anymore. I'm definitely getting the pushy, rush, rush, rush vibe from her ... and I had no idea who she was a week ago! I love the idea of settling down, falling in love and all ... but over time. Not 1-2-3 we're a serious item.





Is it me? I always over-think things, but this seems pretty obvious. She may be SUPER excited, and I know she likes me a lot, which is great, but still ... slow down, right? What's the rush? Why can't we hang out and just get to know each other? Just .... date. Baby steps and all that. I don't want to start picking out His and Her towels, lol.





What do you think ... is she just super excited or a little nutty? And what should I do on Saturday? I was just going to be myself, try and have fun, still be flirty so it's not crazy awkward and just keep an eye on how she acts.





Thanks!Went on one date with a woman, now she's coming off super strong. Advice?
sounds like she is super desperate.Went on one date with a woman, now she's coming off super strong. Advice?
Personally I dont think I would go Saturday. This girl sounds creepy and stalker-like. If you get in too deep you might never be able to get away. I mean one date and she is chasing you already. I think i would stay far and clear of this one. Its not like you didnt tell her you wanted to take things slow and now she is telling you to spend the night. She just doesnt get it and is set on one track so run from this one.
Desperation should not disqualify people answerer number one, get off your high horse!





Tell this woman that it is too soon to rush into things, and she is 25 so she is still quite young. Tell her that you both need more time together, but not too much, to get to know each other. You can't break up, you can't be together every hour of every day, neither of those things will work. You need to take it easy; that is the best way to get to know someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment