Saturday, July 31, 2010

I used to date Jon, is it ok to ask him for advice about other guys?

I dated Jon offT and on for several years, but we go to different colleges a distance apart. I dont know how he feels about me now but he was always the go to person, when i had a problem i needed help with. We havent talked for awhile but I trust his advice and I would like to ask him for some relationship advice with another guy. He has told me about other girls in his life but usually added comments like, she is beautiful, like you..... or she reminds me of you.... etc. He is the one who broke off the friendship with me, saying he didnt think he could do a long distance relationship and he had to be able to ';talk to'; the person he was dating. I dont want to impose on him but he is the only one I feel like i could talk to. Should I try to contact him?I used to date Jon, is it ok to ask him for advice about other guys?
Call him and chat for a while. Don't just blurt out your question, it will make him feel used. Talk and catch up then slowly ease your question into the conversation. Most likely he will feel needed in your life if you seek out his advice.I used to date Jon, is it ok to ask him for advice about other guys?
So you're asking if you should talk to your ex about advice on your current relationship?





My answers would be most definitely. =]]





Just have a conversation opener...Don't start off with what you really want to get out of him. Give him a few days. talk to him...but not too much, we don't want him to think you're annoying.





The way you described him was enuff to tell that he's a sweet-heart and he still cares for you. He didn't really want to break up with you...he just couldn't handle a long distance relationship....which is more common than you think. =D





So talk to the guy. Just make sure you take it slow =]]





鈾ikki
hell no cause with comments like that he might still like you and his advise could be misleading because of his feelings or could cause you to be confused about the relationship with you and him
i don't see why not. he seems like he'll be there for you, but try to leave out comments like ';i love him so much'; or anything like that, which would make him feel bad or jealous. just keep it general. it sounds like he's a pretty good friend. good luck.
NO! Jeez.. he is moving on with his life. Leave him alone. It should be obvious to you since he's the one that broke it off. You are only using this as an excuse to be around him. Get new friends, if you don't have any already. You are college-age, learn to make your own decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment